Van Boi is a nice familial beach not far from Cat Ba. It offers some nice adventurous routes which can lead you to the top of the karst peaks. Don’t forget to bring some camalots and nuts to top out.
- Cat Ba – Van Boi: 45 min
- GPS coordinates: GPS : WGS 84, °”.’ N / °”‘ E
- Total number of routes: 3 sport routes (bolted in 2006-2007), 2 trad routes, and more potential for top-ropes
- Grade: 4a –> 6b
- Rock quality: weak to good
- Other: Need to be rebolted, please don’t climb there unless you’re an experienced climber with trad and bolting skills.
From left to right :
- Route 1, 5a, dulfer
- Route 2, 5c, vertical
- Route 3, 4c, dihedral
- Route 4, 4b, slab
Right sector (humide start when high tide)
- Route 5 ( green route n’11 noted « nice slab » on the drawing), 6a. High first bolt
- Ba Dinh (three pitons in Vietnamese), 6b. Crux is between the 2nd and the 3rd bolts. Mixed equipment: 10mm bolts, pitons, bring some slings and nuts to top out. Abseil from the top.