Tiger Beach is a nice and peaceful crag developed by Slo and Erik. Facing the bungalows, the crag is divided in 2 parts on each side of the beach, Offenheimer’s Creation Wall on the right and Slopony Wall on the left. Nice features and very close from Cat Ba.
- Cat Ba – Tiger Beach: 30 min
- GPS coordinates: GPS : WGS 84, °”.’ N / °”‘ E. Location: Nam Cat
- Total number of routes: 9+ sport routes (bolted from 2007)
- Grade: 4a –> 7b (5 routes in grade 3, 2 routes in grade 6, 4 routes in grade 7)
- Rock quality: good
- Other: according the last update, the present operators (unrelated to climbers) of the island ask for fees to every single person to get to the beach.
For detailed information about these routes, get Vietnam – A Climber’s Guide in sale at Slopony Shop (Noble House).
Very close to Tiger Beach is a nice DWS wall (Hawaii 5-0 Wall) with some juggy and long lines.